2022 AnnouncementsPosted: Dec. 27, 2021
The Board wishes to report we meet in December and can advise:
- We are in preliminary discussions with the CPHO office which may lead us to be the coordinating body between the Race Directors and the CPHO for our sanctioned events. Events of the past week have delayed the discussions.
- We agreed to change the name of one of our two Facebook pages to PEI Running Community
- We still have openings for a Vice-President and Series and Points Coordinator
- We postponed a decision on fees until January as we continue to work on adding value to our membership
- We hope to add to our clothing line, sponsorship and rewards and expect to make an announcement in January
- The amended Constitution has been posted on the Roadrunner website
- The board continues to explore the feasibility of hosting online registrations for our sanctioned events. We have set a soft target of March 31, 2022 for this initiative.
- In only their third full year of operation the Youth Running Series had 225 members in 2021. Very impressive results for the tireless efforts of this group.
- We are looking forward to a full year of events in 2022 starting with the Freeze Your Gizzard on February 26th. We have already received the application form! We know David always runs a great event - watch for details.
- 2021 proved events could be safely held. With almost everyone on PEI now vaccinated we believe Race Directors and runners are looking forward to 2022!
Thanks and Merry Christmas,
There are no comments yet.
Log in to comment